Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Asking for activation code again

We're glad we were able to get you a new code and get you back to your TurboTax product to prepare your tax return!

@em556

For this same issue for 2021 TurboTax Home & Business that I purchased from Costco, I called TurboTax at [phone number removed] and explained the situation in detail and the rep said they could NOT provide another license code to fix this issue.

After asking for another person to speak to, the rep said there was nobody else the rep could forward me to and said there was nothing the rep could do to help.

As relating to the prior post, the TT rep said she was from "technical support".

She only offered a suggestion to turn off my antivirus software or spyware software.

I don't have spyware software, but do have antivirus software and turbotax should not require their customers turn off antivirus software to make turbotax software work properly.

That is surprising.   Call again.   Assuming you didnt share your code with more than 5 people they should help you

Just making sure you read the entire post?  We were finding success by making sure that the peripherals were exactly the same the second time you try TT.   e.g. did you have a thumb drive or printer hooked up on installation and now don't?

Yes, I read and understood the entire post.

However, my situation was slightly different and was not related to the peripherals.

I called back and talked to a different support agent that troubleshooted, provided a different license code, and resolved my issue.

My code was not shared with anyone.

However, was installed on 2 machines and both are mine (initially with laptop PC, then with desktop PC).

I called back and spoke with a different TT rep who troubleshooted, provided a different license code to replace the license code I purchased, and then resolved my issue.

The first agent was not nice and (according the 2nd agent) misrepresented my issue in the account notes.

The end result, unfortunately after 2 calls to TT support, fixed the issue.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are happy you got the issue resolved. Please let us know if we can assist you further. @1jvelick1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

CD version of TurboTax 2021:

Every time I start the program it prompts for the activation code on the same computer. I hate to say this, but Intuit support is beyond incompetent. Can someone tell me how many of my activations have been used up. Or how to contact someone about this?

Hi - you've tried eliminating (or adding) peripherals to mimic what was there when you first activated? It has worked for a bunch of people (for me it was pulling a thumb drive out of my laptop)

I didn't try that yet. However, I just tried disabling my virus scanner and firewall and then starting TurboTax. Once it started, I turned the virus scanner and firewall back on and it worked. Thanks for your tip; I'll try that if I run into problems again. It's just frustrating that things work and then suddenly they don't.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies