Solved: As long as you have internet, you sure can file wi...

fenton22

Can I use the free edition if I live overseas and filing married filing separately (my spouse has a tax number so I do not have to file on paper).

LinaJ2018

Yes, you can.  As long as you have an internet that allows you to file online, and you have your spouse's SSN or ITIN, you can do so anywhere in the world.  Please note that if you have a tax refund, that refund can only be directly deposited into a US bank located in the US.  Otherwise, the refund can only be mailed to you as a check to the address ( including foreign address) entered on your tax return.

LinaJ2018

fenton22

Does this include the Freedom Edition?  Also how about filing the forms required if you have foreign assets? Are they included.  Have very low US income.  
LinaJ2018

As long as you have internet, you sure can file with Freedom.  For foreign assets, you might have to upgrade in the program which you can still do as long as you have the connection.