Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Military discount for turbotax deluxe

I added my military status for my spouse and I, but it still shows we're paying for turbotax deluxe on the last screen.  I had to manually change the name of the employer for the W-2 because it changed on ours so maybe that messed it up
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardMc
Intuit Alumni

As long as one of you were active duty for the entire year and you had a military W-2, the discount should apply.  TurboTax looks at the employer's EIN on the W-2 not the employer's name, basically to avoid the issue you are talking about or any potential typos.  Double check the EIN correctly matches your W-2.  It will still charge you for Deluxe, but it will be at a discount. It should not be the full price.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardMc
Intuit Alumni

As long as one of you were active duty for the entire year and you had a military W-2, the discount should apply.  TurboTax looks at the employer's EIN on the W-2 not the employer's name, basically to avoid the issue you are talking about or any potential typos.  Double check the EIN correctly matches your W-2.  It will still charge you for Deluxe, but it will be at a discount. It should not be the full price.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies