AggieJen

As clergy, I get a W-2 as an employee for income taxes, but I'm considered self-employed for SS

Am I an employee (thus, this credit wouldn't apply to me) or self-employed (I can qualify for the credit)?  Adding the credit significantly impacts my tax burden so I appreciate your guidance.
Mike9241

there are dozens of credits, which one in particular?  is the statutory employee box checked on your W-2

AggieJen

Mike, thank you for the questions!  Box 13 is unchecked on my w-2 so I am not a statutory employee. 

One of the credits under the deductions and credits section is shown as “Tax relief related to COVID-19.”  Under that, two of the options are “self-employed sick leave credit” and “self employed family leave credit.”  It seems I’m qualified to seek these credits based on their descriptions but I want to make sure I’m considered self employed.  Thanks so much for your help!!

AggieJen

Hi, Mike,

If you have the chance to reply this weekend, Texans have until Tuesday to file and I would love your insight, please.  Really appreciate your help!

fanfare

@AggieJen 

[removed, by me]