turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

As part of the small business I run (schedule C) I often give discounts, where would I report or claim discounts on services rendered?

I am a single entity LLC filing a schedule C
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

As part of the small business I run (schedule C) I often give discounts, where would I report or claim discounts on services rendered?

As a cash basis tax payer, you need only to report what you actually receive.  You can just list your Gross Receipts or Sales net of any discounts.  In other words, just include the amount of funds you actually received.  An alternative would be to report gross sales that include discounts, and then report the discounts you gave as "Other Miscellaneous Expense" under "Other Common Business Expenses".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

As a cash basis tax payer, you need only to report what you actually receive.  You can just list your Gross Receipts or Sales net of any discounts.  In other words, just include the amount of funds you actually received.  An alternative would be to report gross sales that include discounts, and then report the discounts you gave as "Other Miscellaneous Expense" under "Other Common Business Expenses".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies