Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CharlieP
Returning Member

Anyone else having problem e-filing with IRS Form 2210 under tax reform

Stu707.   Everything you wrote is correct; the waiver statement is shown on the Form Screen (on the left side).  However, when you create the print copy of the filed return, prior to the actual filing, the form is not there.  Interesting note, when I went in to TT to verify this information, again, I received an update from TT.  This time when I looked at the waiver form, the explanation I typed in was still there, but TT also put in "85% Waiver" which I could not delete from the explanation form.  This had to be part of the new update.  So, what the heck, I tried to file the return again to see what will happen.  By the way, the waiver form was not included the in printed version, again. 

MJB
Level 2

I had exactly the same thing happen as you have described- and i have done several versions trying different suggestions - all were rejected immediately except this last one (awaiting a rejection or acceptance) I did not print it out every time so I am not sure which version is actually submitted.  As I revisited  other versions- I had made trying suggestions from this forum about changes to where the checks were on the form etc --

- some have different checks in part II some 

some have page 2 attached

some when i viewed it had the explanation statement

(but i did several of them since i could not print or save them)

All the same explanation but some net and others with more verbiage.  

BIG question /? IF THIS LAST ONE IS NOT REJECTED ?? 

How will i know which 2210 form was actually submitted if ??

if this last one is not rejected ??

any clue there?? - it has been a real frustration - and TT could have communicated much better the problem definition.  

Thanks so for your reply and re enforcing that our experiences were exactly the same.  MJB

MJB
Level 2

Charlie P are you using Windows 10 and turbo tax premium? 

I do not think i have the tabs you refer to like EZ step and file tab  and selecting electronic filing. 

my navigation is much different.   AT no time will it let me PRINT the explanation statement - and then - sometimes the statement disappears ?? when i open the return again .  very strange. The last time i made some changes to form 2210 and submitted it and it has not been rejected yet so  i will have to see

but if it is not rejected - I am not sure WHICH variation of form 2210 i tried actually might have worked.  Thanks for your response and help.

MJB

CharlieP
Returning Member

MLB,

I have Windows 10 Deluxe.  It funny, I talked about printing the explanation page for paper filing, but you are correct, there isn't a way to do it.  Every time I try to print the single form, TT brings up the dialogue box regarding printing the all the forms for paper filing and as we already know the form is not included.  

After the latest program update from TT today, I tried filing again.  As with you, I'm waiting on an accept/reject response from the IRS.  

HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

We hear you and greatly appreciate the feedback regarding each of your experiences. Good news is that a fix is on the way!

Some customers are being required to file Form 2210 (Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts), despite the fact that they don't actually have an underpayment penalty. We are currently in the process of updating the program to not require this. Please review this FAQ and be sure to sign up  to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

If you are receiving Electronic Filing Rejection code: F2210-003 then review this FAQ, for additional detailed instruction. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Summit64

Yes, turbotax hotline told me you have to print and mail off. It's an E-file software issue. It wont efile the overpayment form. No future fix date,yet.
I'm going to just mail mine.

MJB
Level 2

THanks for the reply- it is re assuring to know I am not loosing my mind- and you are having the same issues. 

WHEW - I will let you know if my last attempt to E-file gets accepted or rejected. 

THEN if accepted = I will have to try to figure out which version of the 2210 and explanation page was sent with the one that was accepted. 

I guess I may never know if my explanation page will ever have made it - = I think if I were to do it over

I might just USPS mail it - with my own personal notations on the questionable pages. 

I did go to IRS .gov and printed out blank copies of the 4 pages for teh 2210 which includes the explanation page. 

so sorry about your California e file issues with the rejected federal eforms 

I used to live in CA but now FLA with no state income tax to collect or to report and file. 

MJB

MJB
Level 2

Visitor 1

Thanks for this= I have not gotten a  rejection yet for the one I attempted to efile this morning 

but expect it is coming 

based on your input tonight.

I will plan to drop by the usps tomorrow = Thanks so much for your note

MJB

Will the software fix allow online users to file form 2210 but WITHOUT having a checkmark on Box A?

CharlieP
Returning Member

Just received my rejection from yesterday's filing. Perhaps March 1st update will fix this issue
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just received my 2nd rejection today. Now, after reading through these messages I was ready to try some of the recommended fixes. When I started TurboTax an update downloaded and installed. The download was marked CRITICAL. This is what I read:

TurboTax 2018 release notes for Windows personal tax software

Here's what's in the latest TurboTax for Windows CD/Download personal (individual) software update (R18) released Thursday, February 21:

• Fixed - Unable to clear final review error Form 2210: Part II, Box A should not be checked, the penalty is zero
    • Fixed - No entry field for adjusted mortgage interest
    • Fixed - Incorrect line number reference on Form 2210 error message
    • Fixed - Unable to clear line 33 error resulting from transferred Form 4835
    • Fixed - Smartcheck error Some values are too large and have caused calculation errors when state/local taxes exceed $100K
    • Fixed - Wrong tax year referenced on Form 8889 line 18 smart worksheet
    • Fixed - Unable to elect section 179 on new roof for commercial property (H&B only)
    • IRS forms 2210-F and 8903 finalized (underlined)

Who wants to give it a try and report back? I still don't trust TT to have this fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now there is an Explanation Statement attached to the form 2210. It reads:

Explanation of : Waiver of penalty

85% Waiver

Should be ready to resubmit??

Any word yet on the current state of this problem in the online version of TurboTax?

CharlieP
Returning Member

NGI0701
I noticed that with yesterday's TT update. I submitted that version yesterday and received the rejection notice this afternoon. Same reason. Good luck with you submission.

I can't say if they are going to do anything with the bugs in the online system, but I can say that as of today absolutely nothing has changed. The online version is still generating all the same errors with Form 2210 that it has for the past two weeks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies