Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone else having problem e-filing with IRS Form 2210 under tax reform

The override function may work for the desktop version, but those of us using the online version are still screwed.  Why can't they add one line of code to allow you to manually remove the box A check mark?

DDM
Level 1

Just tried this after having my Federal return rejected.  Your solution worked!  Thanks so much for the great, detailed instructions.

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

Form 2210 Required but no Penalty is Applied

Some customers are being required to file Form 2210 (Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts), despite the fact that they don't actually have an underpayment penalty. Based upon clarification we are currently in the process of updating the program to not require this.

Workaround

Currently, we have a workaround for all customers experiencing this issue:

Electronic Filing Rejection Code: F2210-003

Sign-up

This issue is scheduled to be fixed in an update that is currently planned to be released on 2/22/2019.

We're working on a solution to this issue. Please click here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

Original Link

Will this fix on the 22nd potentially be one that affects TT online as well, or will it only be for the desktop versions?

CheriS
Intuit Alumni

I believe it's for TurboTax Online and TurboTax desktop. Please sign up for the most accurate updates on this issue. Thank you

pkm1
Level 3

As happened to many others form 2210 with box A checked was not accepted by the IRS even though I was owed a refund and should have no penalty.
I went to forms and choose form 2210 on the L side under Forms. Double click and form 2210 came up . Then on form 2210 close to the top I clicked on C: allow the IRS to calculate the penalty for me. Secondly I scrolled down to line 17 and at the bottom of line 17 is a quick-zoom button which when clicked brought a waiver explanation page. I filled out here that I was getting a tax refund and no penalty was due. The IRS now accepted the form.

pkm1
Level 3

As happened to many others form 2210 with box A checked was not accepted by the IRS even though I have a tax refund and no penalty is due..
I went to forms and choose form 2210 on the L side under Forms. Double click and form 2210 came up . Then on form 2210 close to the top I clicked on C: allow the IRS to calculate the penalty for me. Secondly I scrolled down to line 17 and at the bottom of line 17 is a quick-zoom button which when clicked brought a waiver explanation page. I filled out here that I was getting a tax refund and no penalty was due. The IRS now accepted the form.

dprose

I "Fixed" once and tried to refile and got rejected again. Tried to "fix" again and now it says I don't have a form to file, it's already been transmitted. I have not gotten an email saying that my return has been accepted. 

That is really great news.  I've been able to get more information here from you than from several calls to TT over the last three days. 

LOL! I am glad ljlapidus that you found the information I posted useful. I am disappointed that TT support staff, telephone and here, did not discover and report the solution that I found.

Aloha

Are you using the TT CD or the online version? The online version allows viewing 2201 but no edits. Please clarify.

Will this fix on the 22nd address those of us who ARE required to file form 2210 (those who pay variable estimated taxes) but just need to get the darn check mark off of Box A?

Summit64

I'm having the same frustrating issue. There's a glitch with efile on turbo tax which causes it not to send the required 1022 form to the irs. The computer self generated fixes do nothing but make you type in circles with the same results. Im done with turbo tax glitches. Unfortunately ,you have pay first and you cant get a refund
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave up finally today unfortunately before reading all of you having the same issue.  Use TT Home & Business Mac like many of you.

I just printed everything and mailed in my Federal and IL in my case returns.  They'll take quite a bit longer I suppose and hopefully they make it - should know before 4/15 at least to be certain.

If you do not have a penalty, then go to Form 2210, and find Box A with the "X" that you cannot delete, put your cursor on that X, RIGHT CLICK your mouse, and select the command OVERRIDE that appears on your screen.  Now, you will be able to click on the X and delete it.  From there, Turbo Tax should delete Form 2210 from your return automatically, and if that is your only problem, your problem should be solved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies