Anyone else having issues with turbo tax not regis...

rsvanhofwegen

Anyone else having issues with turbo tax not registering your answers?

macuser_22

What do you mean "registering"? 

If you mean you must repeat the answer if you revisit the question, then that is normal.   Many answers only direct you to another screen and do not go on any tax form so they are not remembered.   That is how it is supposed to work.

One thing I can tell you.......

If you edit or review a 1099R it does not keep your answers from before but resets them to the defaults. Then you have to go through and answer them all again.   So be sure to go all the way to the end of the 1099R section.  They are right unless you go back.

rsvanhofwegen

Thanks for the reply.

When I fill out a form, and press continue, it will show me the form again, blank. I've entered my school info for my education expenses so many times I have it memorized!

It is also happening in other places for me in deductions, such as charitable deductions, and when I tried to go through the federal review, it won't record my answers for the stimulus payments.

I reached out to turbo tax for help, but they won't talk to me because they want to speak to my husband {rolls eyes} who isn't here and won't be for quite some time.