smond123

Annoying error check message of NJ FLI cannot be greater than 29 - How do i get rid of it

Hi, I am getting the same annoying message with NJ FLI cannot be greater than 29.  I have 30.33 as the amount. Do  I go forward and file anyway? How do I know if the turbotax will generate a form 2450

KathrynG3

Yes, go forward with filing. No, depending on your circumstances, Form 2450 may not be necessary. You may need to go to your employer for reimbursement, instead, if you only had one employer.

Click the link for more details from page 44 of 2019 New Jersey Resident Return NJ-1040 Tax Booklet

@smond123

smond123

i am just copy from the w2 and it look like turbotax is not generating 2450 to fix it? How do i get this resolve?

psibal

I am running into similar issue. I have paid TurboTax for efile but I cannot efile with NJ. How do I break up FLI?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

If I were you ... I would simply change the amount on the W-2 form to $29 ... is $1 really worth this aggravation ? 

psibal

I am very much ok to do that. Just do not want my returns to come back.

Do it ... you will be fine. 

smond123

Hi, I actually called support and they refunded my money. I am going to mail my state tax with this amount. This error is driving me nuts.

psibal

Thanks for the info.

Can you send me the Support Phone number.

smond123

found this , the link below prompt for name and then display number. Good luck

Support is open from 5am to 9pm Pacific time

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

shaniyanichols

I am getting the same message for all of box 14. Some are different by a lot.

SteamTrain

@shaniyanichols 

The new 2020 NJ rates for the box 14 values have not been updated yet in the software...and may not be until after 28 January.

Since you shouldn't file until after 12 Feb anyhow (the IRS says they won't start before then ) you can come back the first week in Feb to check to see if the error still exists...at that time, it would be a true software bug if it still shows an error (as long as you didn't mis-enter the value).....but right now, it's just due to the NJ forms still set for 2019 values and % amounts.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
vvsukheeja

@SteamTrain yes i agree that it does reflect 2019 values, even i was confused on what is happening as this values that shows for box 14 are from 2019 form or value calculation for NJ State.