Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

An answer I received to a question instructed me to use the "left side bar, to select Tax Tools" - but there is no 'left side bar in my TurboTax Deluxe 2018 screen!?"

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

An answer I received to a question instructed me to use the "left side bar, to select Tax Tools" - but there is no 'left side bar in my TurboTax Deluxe 2018 screen!?"

You appear to be using TurboTax Deluxe, the Online version. When you open your return, the first screen shows a green button with white characters that say "Take my to my return". Click on this button.

On the left in the black columns, you will see "Tax Home", "Previous Taxes", and so on. The last item in the black field is "Tax Tools". Click here and the "Tools" will appear just below Tax Tools.

Nope, not using online version. Using the download from the cd that gets sent to me automatically each year.

Ah, when you log in, it shows the TurboTax Deluxe Online icon, which means that you are in the Online product when you write the question (that's the globe between your account name and "TurboTax Deluxe" above). Understandably, I had no idea that you were referring to the desktop product.

Remember that we at AnswerXchange have very little to go on except when you tell us, so any and all additional information from you will get you more accurate answers.

I am not sure which original question you were reading. Perhaps it was to delete a form? If so, in the desktop product, click on View at the top, then click on Forms. On the left of the screen, you will see a long list of forms and schedules and worksheets.

Click on one of these, and it will be displayed on the right. Look to the bottom of the display, you will see "Delete Form". Click on this to delete the form you are looking at.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies