Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

keithm89

Already paid for the desktop version, but I hate it. How do I convert it to the online version instead instead of re-buying Turbotax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Already paid for the desktop version, but I hate it. How do I convert it to the online version instead instead of re-buying Turbotax?

You cannot apply the purchase to the online editions.  You can request a refund and then start your return with the online editions.

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp
Use this TurboTax website to check your orders and payments -
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/order-status/

keithm89

Thanks for the quick reply. I bought it back in Nov through Amazon and doesn't look like I can return it.

By chance, would you why the desktop version allows me to put in my checking account info to pay what I owe federally, but then tell me I can't since I'm not getting a return and must use a credit card? Not too keen on 2.49% fee.

@keithm89 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I bought it back in Nov through Amazon and doesn't look like I can return it.

By chance, would you why the desktop version allows me to put in my checking account info to pay what I owe federally, but then tell me I can't since I'm not getting a return and must use a credit card? Not too keen on 2.49% fee.

If you have federal taxes owed the you can pay those taxes using a bank account with a routing and account number.  There is no requirement that you must use a credit card.  

There is no way to have taxes owed and a tax refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies