turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is asking for Ln 10-Description-1 to be entered. I do not see this on W2. How do I find it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

Turbo tax is asking for Ln 10-Description-1 to be entered. I do not see this on W2. How do I find it?

Line 10, on W-2 is Dependent Care Benefits.  These would be dependent care payments paid to you or incurred on your behalf.  The box is on the W-2, however, may be blank.

This information relates to Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care. 

Check your entries on W-2, and Dependent Care Credit.

The following information is from the IRS addressing a question related to W-2, Box 10 that may be helpful.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/interest-dividends-other-types-of-income/employee-reimbursements-form-w-2-w...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
LisaBr

Line 10, on W-2 is Dependent Care Benefits.  These would be dependent care payments paid to you or incurred on your behalf.  The box is on the W-2, however, may be blank.

This information relates to Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care. 

Check your entries on W-2, and Dependent Care Credit.

The following information is from the IRS addressing a question related to W-2, Box 10 that may be helpful.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/interest-dividends-other-types-of-income/employee-reimbursements-form-w-2-w...

Thanks for the response.  But Line 10 is blank, and there is not Flexible spending account or Dependent Care benefits, so why would I need to enter a description?
LisaBr

If this is an error on a Worksheet or from the review before you file, try putting None in Description.  If that doesn't work, and it is a Worksheet, Go to My Account, Tools, Delete a Form, Delete only the Worksheet.  Worksheets are not sent to the IRS and sometimes it corrects what the computer detects as an error that isn't there.

Ah, there was a 0 in a field, with no description.  When I removed the 0, all was well.  Thanks.

Ah, there was a 0 in a field, with no description.  When I removed the 0, all was well.  Thanks.
LisaBr

Yeah!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies