Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After completing the 2016 MCTMT worksheet, it says that I have a balance due. Where do I send the balance?

I can't tell if I have already paid this on my return but the MCTMT worksheet says that I owe a balance. And do I need to mail the worksheet somewhere as well?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After completing the 2016 MCTMT worksheet, it says that I have a balance due. Where do I send the balance?

The amount of MCTMT due as computed by the worksheet is included on the main form IT-201 line 54 or IT-203 line 52.  It is no longer filed on its own return, it used to be filed on a form MTA-6.   It might be that an MCTM Tax was computed as being due per the worksheet, but no tax is due overall due to other payments made, withholding, etc.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The amount of MCTMT due as computed by the worksheet is included on the main form IT-201 line 54 or IT-203 line 52.  It is no longer filed on its own return, it used to be filed on a form MTA-6.   It might be that an MCTM Tax was computed as being due per the worksheet, but no tax is due overall due to other payments made, withholding, etc.  

syp_vandy

Hi dcbrooks.teaching, there are a few ways you can send in and pay your balance due: 

• File and pay online: Web File Form MTA-305, Employer's Quarterly Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax Return and pay directly from your bank account. (To Web File you must create an Online Services business account.)
  • File paper Form MTA-305Employer's Quarterly Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax Return, and pay by check or money order.
  • You can choose to pay this tax using the PrompTax program if you currently use the PrompTax program to file New York State withholding tax. See employers participating in the PrompTax program for details.
  • You do not have to attach a listing of covered employees when filing and paying the tax.

Source: https://www.tax.ny.gov/bus/mctmt/emp.htm

Thank you for that info. Here is the conflict...On the "Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2016 New York Tax Return" from from Turbotax, it states that "Your, Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility tax return, shows no tax due or refund." However on the MCTMT worksheet, it says there is a balance due. Please advise

Thank you for that info. Here is the conflict...On the "Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2016 New York Tax Return" from from Turbotax, it states that "Your, Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility tax return, shows no tax due or refund." However on the MCTMT worksheet, it says there is a balance due. Please advise
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies