Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Adjustments to QBI - a value here is not yet supported in the program for the qualified business income deduction. This will be enabled in a subsequent release.

UPDATE DIRECTLY FROM TT:

I went ahead and called this morning- the IRS HAS released the 8995 and 8995A forms and TT has updated this for the desktop version ONLY..the tax experts I spoke with stated to check back in a day or 2 to see when online version will be updated but there is no "specific" date yet and to call back if still not updated by then. Not sure if this helps but I feel a little bit better....

dotp
Level 2

Adjustments to QBI - a value here is not yet supported in the program for the qualified business income deduction. This will be enabled in a subsequent release.

Funny, I spoke with TT on 2/23 and they said that TT would not have the desktop version ready until March 3rd! Impossible to get a strait answer from them. First they blame the IRS, then they can't tell us the correct dates. And why should I trust this program to calculate my taxes correctly?

HPWEST6688
Returning Member

Hi I called Turbotax this morning 2/24, they told me Form 8995 not ready until 3/3 as well.

Like the same with you.  I just worried about my computer has any issue.  Want to know if anyone has the updated the Form 8995 in turbotax desktop version?

Please be accurate. 8995-A is not ready. 8995 is ready. Most people probably don't need 8995-A, and if TT has not selected 8995-A but 8995 then it should allow filing but its blocking it.

If you are speaking to me to "please be accurate" then know I was repeating the info given directly from TT....we are trying to help one another out here. 

HPWEST6688
Returning Member

Hi,  I specifically asked 8895 which is not the 8895-A.  Does anyone get the updated for 8895 (not 8895-A)?

Thank you

I was finally able to e-file after a software update tonight.

HPWEST6688
Returning Member

Hi Louchem,

Do you have the issue for 1040 / 8995 form (not 8995-A) update?

I still have this issue.  I can't get the update.

Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies