turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mglyder

Adjustments to QBI - a value here is not yet supported in the program for the qualified business income deduction. This will be enabled in a subsequent release.

Is there an update yet to the release date?  Thanks!

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Adjustments to QBI - a value here is not yet supported in the program for the qualified business income deduction. This will be enabled in a subsequent release.

The current release date is February 20 (subject to change).   For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability   [Note:  Forms 8995 and 8995-A might appear at the bottom of the list, not necessarily in numerical order.]

bcbc
Returning Member

Was there another delay?

dotp
Level 2

New IRS release date for the 8995-A is Feb 28th.

When I just looked and when I checked yesterday it says it is available.... Does Turbo tax have this updated yet???

TT has been updated.

Here is what I have found so far for 1120S:

Getting the step by step to start inquiring about QBI requires a dollar value in 1120s Box 17. The problem is that TT for Business does not put values into #17, it refers to a separate statement. Ok, so why doesn't TT Personal know this and get starting information from what you entered about your K-1?

I had to manually put my QBI Income value into 1120S #17 next to the V in order to get the whole QBI process to come alive. That should not be necessary if K-1 info is present.

I also noted that the "None " selection on the "Uncommon items" page does not work. You have to leave all options blank to answer "None".

What I would like is some feedback from Intuit confirming this a roadblock and what should be manually added to my K-1 info/forms in TT Personal to get QBI to work.

Hi

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed and updated? 

Still getting the error and cannot e-file.  The form now shows as available on the availability list but it's still not implemented correctly in TT.  Has anyone that was hung up before been able to e-file yet?

Filed mine yesterday and worked fine. I received an email from Intuit and all is well...

Mine worked, filed yesterday after receiving an email from Intuit.

What email?

I am still in the same situation as well. I have not received any email from Intuit about any changes have you? I am not sure what to do at this point.

dotp
Level 2

Wait until Feb 28th, then update TT again. The IRS has not released that form (according to TT). Don't know how the person above filed it when the IRS has not released the form.

The IRS has released the form. I filed with H&R block after Intuit moved the date the third time. I got my return reviewed by their internal accountants and got my federal and state refunds back within 7 days. Do not wait for Intuit would be my recommendation.

The IRS has not released 3 parts of 8995-A. 2/28 is the IRS release date. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies