Solved: Adding a second W-2 after refund

Adding a second W-2 after refund

I already got my tax refund but I just received another W-2 from my last job. What should I do with the second W-2?

Adding a second W-2 after refund

You need to amend your tax return to report that added income. You will need to use a form called a 1040X. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes at least 2-3 months for the IRS to process an amended return. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2952222-how-do-i-amend-the-2016-taxes-i-filed-with-turbotax-online

Adding a second W-2 after refund

Adding a second W-2 after refund

Can I do it next year? or I have to do the amended form

Adding a second W-2 after refund

You cannot wait and add the W-2 to your 2017 tax return if that is what you are asking.  ALL of your 2016 income has to be reported for 2016.