turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

500es forms printed ...I do not intend to pay estimated taxes and never have...should I disregard these forms..not sure why they printed...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

500es forms printed ...I do not intend to pay estimated taxes and never have...should I disregard these forms..not sure why they printed...

Yes, you can disregard these forms.

If you are at risk for an underpayment penalty next year based on your 2017 information, then the program will automatically calculate estimated tax payments and prepare the estimated payment vouchers for you.

You are not required to make those payments.  However, if you did have a balance due and your income is reported on a W-2, then you might consider changing your withholdings for 2017 to reduce your possible balance due at tax time. 

[edited 3/10/2020 | 9:27 am PST] 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you can disregard these forms.

If you are at risk for an underpayment penalty next year based on your 2017 information, then the program will automatically calculate estimated tax payments and prepare the estimated payment vouchers for you.

You are not required to make those payments.  However, if you did have a balance due and your income is reported on a W-2, then you might consider changing your withholdings for 2017 to reduce your possible balance due at tax time. 

[edited 3/10/2020 | 9:27 am PST] 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies