Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2022 Turbotax Form 8915F-T - Cannot e-file

Glitch, you definitely do not need the form if you do not have disaster relief transactions.  For giggles, did you try just starting the return over from scratch?

I do not understand why the delay on turbo tax with this form...the irs has the form available.  The only delay is on Turbo Tax :(  Now is says available March 3rd.  

I explained that a few posts up.

I will be looking next year for another software and i certainty dont trust TurboTax to keep my info secure so i would never purchase the online version. I on;y purchase the desktop version.  They seem to be completely incompetent in timely software updates and when you try to contact them get the runaround so the last thing i would do ist trust them with my info online

Fair enough.  I did not really think of it from that aspect, maybe I'll stick with the desktop software.  I am not sure any other online provider safeguards your data more or less than Intuit.  However, if you find another desktop version that seems better, I would be interested. 

I have been using the desktop software off and on for almost 25 years for fairly complicated personal returns with all sorts of partnership income and business income.  The software has never made an error that triggered an audit or a penalty.  However, one year an accountant cost me $2300 in penalties and interest, go figure.

The form is the same as last year so it makes no sense for there to be such a delay in having this form available for filing this year.

This is ridiculous. It keeps getting delayed. Now it's March 2nd... UGH!

Form 8915F-T - Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments

Available to File 03/02/2023

Yeah, this makes me mad. I’m using the version on my phone to get a discount thru Lyft since I’m a Lyft driver. I paid when I was finished filling everything out ….then they tell me I can’t even file until March 2 and from y’all have been saying, that date may not really be very accurate. If I had known that, I would not have paid yet. I would have looked at other companies. Sounds like this issue is with desktop version and mobil app - well at least that part makes sense. Dang it. 
I used TaxAct for several years then switched to TurboTax last year. I wonder if TaxAct is having this same issue.   Last year I filed my taxes late so I did not run into this issue.  This year I got my taxes ready to submit early. I will be doing more research next year before choosing TurboTax.  Pretty disappointing. 

Every year there is an issue or 2 that delay things for some folks and all you can do is be patient while the wrinkles are worked out.  

I use the online version and the issue is affecting me also, so it doesn't appear to matter which version is used.  With the online version I also had to pay before I found out I wasn't able to file.  Hopefully the date remains March 2nd. 

I'm using the online version directly on their website and have the same issue. The IRS form is freely available, there is no excuse for TurboTax to not have it available. So frustrating every year.

It is frustrating, but I'm not sure there is no excuse.  Why would they intentionally postpone releasing it when they know customers are waiting for it? 

Isn't it much more likely that it is something beyond their control?  Something like waiting for IRS approval of their forms every year?  Just because the form is released by the IRS doesn't mean it is approved for e-file by each individual software implementation.

I'm going to go with the  IRS is overworked and Intuit is just as frustrated as you that they have to push back the release date of this form, especially when they know many customers are looking for alternative solutions because of the delays.

It is a business, of course they care.  How can they maximize profit on a product if they truly don't care/  My two cents.  If I had to choose an entity that didn't care that much, it would be the IRS, not Intuit.

I guess its time to leave TurboTax.  

Now it says 03/02/2023.

It was March 14th  last year so, I guess March 2nd is an improvement of sorts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies