Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2022 Federal & State efile submissions rejected. Fixed issue but TurboTax will not allow me to resubmit via efile

I received an email stating my original Fed and State e-files were rejected ("F8962-070 - The e-File database indicates that Form 8962 or a binary attachment with a description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the return").   I went into TurboTax and completed Form 8962.   Then I went through the Review and e-file steps.  At the final step to resubmit via Efile, TurboTax says I have no returns eligible to e-file.   When I click the E-file status button TurboTax indicates my returns are pending.  I receive no message indicating my returns were somehow automatically re-submitted. Next, I went to the link https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/fix-rejected-return/L5Kn9Ijk5....  The instructions I received are: "To fix your rejected return, first find your rejection code—it indicates the reason your return was rejected. The code is in the email you received, and you can view it in TurboTax after selecting Fix my return." 

However, I do not see any button for  "Fix my return".  Nor o I see a button for "Fix it now" or "Revisit".

How can I overcome this roadblock to re-submit via e-file?   Must I file by mail instead?

Thank you,

Gregg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

2022 Federal & State efile submissions rejected. Fixed issue but TurboTax will not allow me to resubmit via efile

Please follow the instructions here to ensure the software is up to date, as this can cause issues. 

Please click here to contact us by phone if we can further assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correction: 2022 not 2023

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to ensure the software is up to date, as this can cause issues. 

Please click here to contact us by phone if we can further assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies