Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2021 Tax refund never recieved

I contacted the IRS about my refund never actually getting to me. They filed a trace and indeed the refund was accepted and sent to Turbotax. Turbotax incorrectly sent the money to a bank account at MUFG Union Bank that was not mine. MUFG Union Bank claims they sent it back to IRS and IRS claims otherwise, it is not with the IRS. So where the heck is the money?? Turbo tax you accepted the federal money it is your responsibility to find where it is since I PAID YOU!!! 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have already contacted CIVISTA Bank and they claim the funds were already sent to some account with MUFG union bank and there is nothing they can do. ALTHOUGH they shouldn't have accepted it considering the name didnt match the refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies