bigdaddygeorge72

2018 taxes started with turbotax with money paid AND just bought the desktop version and cannot file

I pretty much finished by 2018 tax return, but didn't hit file.  I went back to do and realized that I was too late to E-file.  I was instructed to purchase the turbotax desktop in order to complete and then print out and send in.  I purchased this and nowhere on this is there an option to file for 2018 that I can see.  Please help.  When I try to call customer service about THEIR product that isn't working I cannot speak with anyone unless i pay more money.  I am hoping someone can help me, I have been a faithful turbotax user for 9 years, but I am becoming frustrated.

Vanessa A

Below are the instructions on how to print and mail your return.

How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax f ...

bigdaddygeorge72

The very first line says to open file......I cannot open the file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you must download the .tax2018 from TT 

I would suggest downloading it to the desktop so you can locate it.

double lick on it,  

it should open

finish your return

on file menu click on print

choose all forms required for filing

then save as PDF so you have a printable copy in case you need it in the future.  

then click on preview print copy

then click on the printer icon. 

follow filing instructions.

after this you can move the .tax2018 file to the user/my documents/ turbotax folder  

'

You downloaded and installed the program ... but did you also download the .tax2018 file you started before the end of the season ?   If not do so now ... log into the online account ...

1. Under Your tax returns & documents, select Download .tax file (not the PDF) for the prior year you want and save it to your computer.
  2. Back in the CD/download software, select Find a Tax File, and then browse to the tax data file you downloaded in the previous step.
  3. Select the file and click Open.
  4. You can now finish up in the software. Your return will need to be paper-filed, as e-filing prior years is no longer available.

download .taxfile.PNG