Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

susanyjohnson
Returning Member

1099-NEC - Software issue?

THIS "FIX" DOES NOT WORK! IT JUST TAKES ME IN CIRCLES AND NEEDS REVIEW. WHEN WILL THIS GET FIXED? IT'S 3 DAYS FROM BEING DUE!

I already tried all that, as well as going to "Forms" and trying to work around there. I have spent hours and hours trying to sort this out and am ready to dump TurboTax for the future.

Jenny333

Thank you so much!! This issue has been stopping me from finishing my taxes for two weeks! I have tried so many things. But this was the perfect solution I’ve been needing! Deleting and Re-entering  your 1099-NEC THROUH the Schedule-C form, is brilliant. Thank you!

as a note: I am working on the basic desktop version, and I had to find my Schedule C in the “Tax Data” section. Once i had deleted my 1099-NEC... i went to the the “Tax Data” Section, at the top of the page. Searched for Schedule C.
Once in the correct form (schedule C)  i went to Part 1 “income”, and had to press “QZ (quick zoom)” button on line 1b.

This opened the option to find the correct worksheet or “enter payer’s name” (to create a NEW 1099-NEC). I entered the “payer’s name” (the business who made me for my work) found on the 1099-NEC I received, and this opened/created an entirely new 1099-NEC. Here I entered the info from my received 1099-NEC, and then after entering my “non-employee compensation” in box 1, it automatically linked it to the Schedule C I had filled out already (in the line below) that. I thought this was a mistake, but once linked, all errors were removed!!! 

Hope this helps anyone else in my situation. 

BoomerAndGus
Returning Member

I have no idea what you guys are doing? I can NOT even find the text "1099-NEC" anywhere in my copy of TurboTax. I search it like another thread said in the search box, but all it gives me in results are these questions right here. All I can do is input those earnings into the 1099-K section and it messes things up in a bad way. I need a specific solution to this as it's my only 1099. I have what 6 more days to get this done? Why has TurboTax not fixed this issue? It was a known change from misc to nec last year.

Someone help please..........please

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

So, did you receive a 1099-NEC?  What is it for?

@ BoomerAndGus

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Frankdj67

I have seen a post regarding a "work around" for the 1099-NEC issue.  However, the form as displayed in TurboTax Deluxe is missing columns, among other similar problems.  TurboTax also indicates that it cannot submit the federal return until the Form 2210AI is updated and suggests checking TurboTax online for updates.  While I appreciate the effort, I am not interested in a convoluted workaround to this issue.  I use TurboTax deluxe as a straightforward solution to my tax needs.

Is this problem going to be fixed in a timely fashion?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

I believe those 'work arounds for 1099-NEC' were from last year; this post and all of the replies (other than yours) are from 2021.    What issue are you having?  What columns are not appearing when entering your 1099-NEC?     Is it just a visual issue where the columns are not showing correctly or is TurboTax putting the income in the wrong place?  

The 2210 form (late-payment penalties) is tentatively scheduled for 02/17 or 02/24 for fishermen.   That link gives expected dates for form releases.  You can check for updates anytime by clicking on ''Online'' from the top menu, then clicking on ''Check for Updates''.   TurboTax does this automatically whenever you open the software.   Underpayment penalties are assessed if you don't withhold or pay enough tax on income received during each quarter.   In fact, it's entirely possible to get hit with an underpayment penalty even though you paid your tax bill in full by the April deadline or are getting a refund.   If your return requires this form (or any form), you won't be able to file until it is finalized.  

If you want to start a new thread (more eyes will see it), use this link.   @Frankdj67  Thanks!

wilkyflex

what has been fixed?

Ben73

I have also had trouble getting the one 1099NEC issued to show up on the Income Summary page. I entered it four times.  Intuit should get this glitch fixed post haste.  In the meantime, an alert should be sent out to all TT users as 1099NECs are so common and newly introduced by the IRS.   

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

A 1099-NEC is for Non-Employee Compensation (NEC).  As a result, it falls under self-employment.  So you should be looking under self-employment (your business, Schedule C) to find the value that you posted for the 1099-NEC.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies