Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

1099 MISC

I received fund from the state as incentive for day care teacher making less than $15 an hour. Last year 2018 turbo tax has it as "other income or loss". This year 2019 it is under "business Sole P" and asking about expenses. Are they the same or should it be just extra income

3 Replies
Level 15

1099 MISC

file it as other income as per last year especially if the IRS accepted your 2018 return.

Level 1

1099 MISC


Turbo tax giving me the run around and insisting on calling it business

how do I get out of that?

Expert Alumni

1099 MISC

I apologize for your frustration!  


If I am understanding you correctly, you received Form 1099-Misc. for being a daycare worker.


If you earned the money as part of a self-employed business, you will need to input the information under the Federal interview section.

  1. Select Income & Expenses
  2. Select Self-employment income and expenses
  3. Proceed through the screens to enter your information.  

If your income is not from self-employment, you will enter your information as follows:

  1. Select Income & Expenses
  2. Go to the  All Income section and select "Less Common Income"
  3. Select "Miscellaneous Income"

Miscellaneous income

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings