Skip to main content
Level 2
April 11, 2022
Question

1099 MISC has both rent and royalties reported

  • April 11, 2022
  • 5 replies
  • 37 views

I received a 1099 MISC with both rent and royalties reported.  I entered the 1099 information as reported, and I keep getting errors for rent and royalties need to be reported separately.  I did enter them separately, but Turbo Tax threw them together onto the same Schedule E.  Also, the oil and gas lease is for the rights under our home, so don't know how to enter the rent portion.  Error check says I need to have number of days use for rental probperty.

 

    5 replies

    KrisD15
    Level 15
    April 11, 2022

    Is the rent for under your home an easement? 

    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post. **Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
    dnoguchiAuthor
    Level 2
    April 11, 2022

    Yes.  The lease agreement says " To this end, Lessor hereby grants to Lessee a subsurface easement for all purposes associated with such directional/horizontal wells."