Solved: 1099-INT which lists an amount of $1,700 for fees and expenses. It says it is not reported to IRS, but shown for reference when preparing my income tax returns.

1099-INT which lists an amount of $1,700 for fees and expenses. It says it is not reported to IRS, but shown for reference when preparing my income tax returns.

I have a 1099-INT which lists an amount of $1,700 for fees and expenses.  It says it is not reported to IRS, but shown for reference when preparing my income tax returns.  Does anyone know why I would use this when preparing my taxes on TurboTax?

While the changes in the federal tax code made those fees and expenses nondeductible as 2% miscellaneous itemized deductions on your federal return through 2025, they are still deductible on some state income tax returns such as California's.