Solved: 1099-INT which lists an amount of $1,700 for fees and expenses. It says it is not reported to IRS, but shown for reference when preparing my income tax returns.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-INT which lists an amount of $1,700 for fees and expenses. It says it is not reported to IRS, but shown for reference when preparing my income tax returns.

I have a 1099-INT which lists an amount of $1,700 for fees and expenses.  It says it is not reported to IRS, but shown for reference when preparing my income tax returns.  Does anyone know why I would use this when preparing my taxes on TurboTax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

1099-INT which lists an amount of $1,700 for fees and expenses. It says it is not reported to IRS, but shown for reference when preparing my income tax returns.

While the changes in the federal tax code made those fees and expenses nondeductible as 2% miscellaneous itemized deductions on your federal return through 2025, they are still deductible on some state income tax returns such as California's.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 7

While the changes in the federal tax code made those fees and expenses nondeductible as 2% miscellaneous itemized deductions on your federal return through 2025, they are still deductible on some state income tax returns such as California's.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings