turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 B Import rounding issue

I imported my TD Ameritrade 1099-B. The import was successful and all my 108 trx came over. But my summary totals were off. My short term loss is off by about $15 between the TT imported 1099 B and the actual 1099B.

This seems to be due to TT rounding the totals at the transaction level, which in effect messed up the totals.

Is this a bug in the software this year, as I do not seem to have this issue in previous years?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It seems unusual but it's really not. As indicated in the post here. You always have the option of entering summary entries by long and short term.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

As of 3/2/2021 in TurboTax Premier I see the correct amounts to the cents in the lowest level detailed entries imported from my brokerage firm compared with those in the corresponding written Form 8949. However, I have seen several rounding errors (rounding down when it should be rounded up and vice versa) in the next level up in TurboTax. This has caused nearly a $5 discrepancy in the summary values reported in TurboTax versus the summary values reported on the written 1099-B for my account.

Intuit needs to fix this issue in TurboTax immediately. Responses directing one on how to clear out all the entries and enter the information manually are not at all helpful when one has hundreds of transactions to report. I paid about $90 for TurboTax Premier so that the software would handle the data import and calculations correctly, especially since TurboTax advertises its "100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee."

I'm having the same issue.  The rounding should not be occurring at the transaction level, but the total.  I am forcing the correct value by entering "other adjustment" of either +$1 or -$1 for any incorrectly rounded transactions.  Anyone know if this will be a flag to the IRS?  It makes my TT and 1099-B match

@bredman - Foreign transactions are different which is why you received the IRS letter. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies