turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A Entry

Why is this entry so difficult to find ?   Seriously - the directions / articles are WORTHLESS . I've already spent more time trying to enter this info than I have to prepare my entire year's taxes.   

The instructions suggest I need to click on search, enter 1095a and then   hit the "Jump To" button - which I have never seen - its not there - never has been.  SO I GET NOWHERE.  Frustrating.  Seriously - why isn't the **bleep** thing on the menu like everything else.     I cannot even find it in the forms section.     Drives me crazy.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

1095-A Entry

Please try this alternative method.

In TurboTax, you can enter your form 1095-A by following these steps: 

1. In TurboTax, open your tax return
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Deductions & Credits on top of the screen
  3. Scroll down to All Tax breaks, locate the section Medical and click on Show more
  4. Click Start next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

42 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

1095-A Entry

Please try this alternative method.

In TurboTax, you can enter your form 1095-A by following these steps: 

1. In TurboTax, open your tax return
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Deductions & Credits on top of the screen
  3. Scroll down to All Tax breaks, locate the section Medical and click on Show more
  4. Click Start next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A).

1095-A Entry

Thanks - after about 10 more minutes of digging, I found it.  I am using the  Mac Business version so my menus do not match any of yours and that has been the biggest problem. Seems all the built-in  help responses only apply to the online version which makes them worthless to me.      I **REALLY** don't know why its not documented in the help section and why all the tips that show up only pertain to the online version.   It makes using the dowloaded version very frustrating.        Since I was not using anything in  the deductions  section - I glossed over it and missed the item - it was there , it just  was not intuitive where it was located.    

In my copy of the software I had to go into Personal Tab > Deductions and Credits > Choose What I Work On> Medical > and finally, the very last entry in medical  ACA / 1095-A .      One hour of lost time I'll never get back... ugh. 

Best regards & thanks again.  

1095-A Entry

Thank you!

tmryan42

1095-A Entry

FOUND IT!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

1095-A Entry

To the left of the screen, click on Federal.

Click on Deductions & credits.

Under Your tax breaks, scroll down to Medical.

Click Start or Revisit to the right of Affordable Care Act.

1095-A Entry

OK, got it figured out, so never mind. SORRY

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

1095-A Entry

@6ixgun To get to and enter your 1095-A form:

1. Type health insurance in the search box and click on the Jump to link.
  2. You should land on the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance Plan? screen. 

snyder/cura
Returning Member

1095-A Entry

Should be 0 on both of us.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

1095-A Entry

What should be 0 for both of you? Did you have a 1095-A to report? 

If you purchased insurance through the marketplace and received a 1095-A, that must still be reported on your return.This will calculate the Net Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962. This form reconciles the amount of the credit available to you with the amount already received as an Advance Premium Tax Credit. The result could be additional credit owed to you, or you may have to repay any amount already received in advance. Because of either of these results, it is important for taxpayers to include the information from Form 1095-A on their return.

Follow these steps:

• Click on Deductions & Credits under Federal
  • Under the menu for Medical, click Start/Revisit next to Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)
  • Answer Yes indicating that you have the form to enter
  • Complete the information on the next screen to match your form and click continue
mostroff36
Returning Member

1095-A Entry

I am doing the fathers tax return There are 3 people on the 1095-A form. The father and his 2 daughters

the coverage start date and end date  for all 3 people is 1-1-2019 to 12-31-19.

The father does not claim either of his daughters on his tax return. The one daughter filed her own taxes she is 22  years old and is working. The other daughter is 19 years old and was claimed on her mothers tax return.

I entered in the shared policy allocation information the 22 year old daugher's social security number. when I do the smart check it gives me 6 errors all dealing with this. Can someone help me enter the correct Premium percantage, SLCSP% and the advanced payment of the PTC %

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

1095-A Entry

The correct allocation adds up to 100 percent for all three people on the 1095A.

There really is no correct allocation, it can be what is agreeable to all parties on the 1095A. If your father is paying for health insurance, he may want the full benefit of the calculation. So he would take 100 percent and the daughters would take 0 percent. Or he could split it 34/33/33 or 50/25/25. 

The Premium Percentage, SLCSP, and the advanced payment should all be the same (unless you have figured a way to make it benefit you). So if your father is taking 100 percent, fill out all three with 100. If he is taking 34 percent, then put 34 in each of the boxes. Make sure the daughters know what the father is claiming and that they have a copy of the 1095A. They will need to claim it on their own returns. The Marketplace does not always mail the copies to everyone.  

madred

1095-A Entry

This was the best and eeasiest to comprehend answer for my downloaded version of Turbo Tax  Thanks!

1095-A Entry

I do not have a 1095-A or perhaps misplaced it.  I have Medicare and not sure what to put in this area.  I also have Tri Care for Life (Military) and I got a 1095-B.  

Don

lido
Level 1

1095-A Entry

I have the same issue.  So Frustrating. They need to fix this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies