Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1065 Schedule B Designation of Partnership Representative

Reviewing completed, but not yet filed, 1065 for Rental Real Estate.

Turbo Tax generated Form 1065 Schedule B, Designation of Partnership Representative, with my name in the "Name of PR".  I need to change this to my Revocable Trust.

In addition, I will need to enter my name in "If the PR is an entity, name of the designated individual for the PR".

Please point me to where in Turbo Tax Business I can make this correction.

Thanks!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Enter Forms Mode and check the box on the Information Worksheet (under Electronic Filing Information, Part V). Thereafter, open Form 1065, pg 1-3, scroll down to Designation of Partnership Representative and input your information.

Nice explanation and it looks like it should work, BUT...   when I scroll down to change the "Name of PR" and other pertinent fields, the program simply does not accept changes.  It won't allow me to delete nor type over.  Sigh.  Seems like turbotax used to be decent, not so when things like this happen.  

I am having the same problem. It's a catch 22 since the SSN is required to file electronically, yet it won't except the name fields for the PR designated individual. 

Are you unable to enter the information on the Worksheet?

Untitled.png

I can enter it, but it remains in an error mode.  Meaning, if you run error check again, it wants you to remove the very information you just put in, saying there is already a SSN present!

The only way to fix this problem is to enter my SSN in an EIN format, in the signing block. (The other way to fix it, is to leave the partners names with the words "Revocable Trust", but then change the type to "Individual". That, of course, is both a kluge and factually incorrect.)

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Business 2021 when you go through the step-by-step for partner information, regardless of whether the partner is an individual or corporation, you get this screen:

The top box asking for which member is being designated as the partnership representative will show up until you have designated one of the partners,  You cannot file a Form 1065 without a Representative being designated.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies