Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Klcelotto

1040 question

I efiled my daughter’s taxes and did not check the dependent box. I went to file my taxes and they are now rejected. How do I append my daughter’s taxes to click that box and update so I can file my taxes ? Than you. Her returns were accepted 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

1040 question

Sorry but you will have to mail your return this year even if she amends her return.  So you don't have to wait.   The amended return won't be ready until late February.  

1040 question

you will have to wait for her return to be fully processed and refund received. Then you must amend to show she's a dependent.

due to this error, your return must be paper filed.  There is no way to e-file it even after amending her return. How long to wait to mail to avoid IRS notices about claiming her when she claimed herself is unknown. (if mailed immediately the IRS will have your return before it gets and processes her amended return). TurboTax tax tool says the 1040X won't be ready until mid-February

when you paper file your return be sure to read the filing instructions W-2s and withholding forms must be attached. Federal and state returns must be mailed separately and to the address TurboTax indicates.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies