SteveR4

$10,200 deduction just this year or is it also for next year? (2022, filing for 2021)

Is the $10,200 unemployment deduction just a "this year only" thing, or could it be applied for next tax year as well? I do understand laws can change, or if it is only this year, and it would have to be renewed IF it were to happen again. Thanks!

The changes to the tax code for unemployment compensation exclusion were only for tax year 2020.  Congress would have to pass legislation for this to also be available in tax year 2021.  But as of this date that has not happened.

Dolphin11

I'd Like to know the answer to this question too.

I can see your question but not the answer. I live in NC

@Dolphin11 wrote:

You should have been able to see the answer to the question directly above your own post.  

Here is the answer as written -