Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1. Wife passed away Oct. 2021, How to file 2. I ordered on-line Turbo Tax 2021 from Amazon, received download but product will NOT finish opening, so can not prepare tax.

Amazon has no method to receive credit. Have download and code. Program stalls near end of updating.  Can Turbo Tax help me open the applacation?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

1. Wife passed away Oct. 2021, How to file 2. I ordered on-line Turbo Tax 2021 from Amazon, received download but product will NOT finish opening, so can not prepare tax.

1) file jointly like any other tax year ... in the MY INFO tab you will enter the DOD

2) if your computer is up to the task then ... 

If you are using WIN 10 then uninstalled OS updates can hang up the TT program updates ... install the WIN updates at least 3 times and then reboot the computer.   Then try updating the TT program making sure you are using an administrator account, the program is installed on the C drive  and that you don't have any removable drives in the USB ports.  

If that does not work try a manual update:

Carl
Level 15

1. Wife passed away Oct 2021, How to file

If you filed a joint return in 2020, then you will do exactly the same for 2021. When entering/confirming your wife's information, remember to check the box to indicated she passed away.

2. I ordered on-line TurboTax 2021 from Amazon, received download but product will NOT finish optining, so can not prepare tax.

Kinda hard to make a call when dealing with a downloaded installation file from a third party seller. The download may be corrupt, meaning you need to download it again. Could be issues with your own computer. Make sure all windows updates are installed, redownload if necessary and try to install the program again.

If the program was successfully installed but just won't open, that could indicate problems on your end. But you'll have to uninstall the program, reboot the computer first, before attempting to re-install it.

The first time you open the program after installing it, I expect you will be asked for an activation code, which should have been provided to you by the 3rd party seller. Without that code, you can't open the program and start your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies