turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dennis35

How do i compute vehicle expense when employer gives me a gas card and they pay the gas expenses

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RyanH2

How do i compute vehicle expense when employer gives me a gas card and they pay the gas expenses

You can claim anything that is not reimbursed. If you own the vehicle and they did not reimbursed mileage for instance, then you can claim that as a deduction. Likewise, you cannot claim the gas, as it was paid for by the employer. Work your way through the section and claim what applies to you.

Visit this IRS link for a more complete explanation on how to claim job-related vehicle mileage and expenses:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p463.pdf

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RyanH2

You can claim anything that is not reimbursed. If you own the vehicle and they did not reimbursed mileage for instance, then you can claim that as a deduction. Likewise, you cannot claim the gas, as it was paid for by the employer. Work your way through the section and claim what applies to you.

Visit this IRS link for a more complete explanation on how to claim job-related vehicle mileage and expenses:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p463.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies