Should I deduct 1099-LTC benefit payments as "medical expense reimbursements?"

My mother is chronically ill and in a nursing home.  She receives per diem payments under her Long Term Care policy and I receive a 1099-LTC for these payments.  I entered the total 1099-LTC  amount in the Misc. Income in the designated section.  The nursing home charges are greater than the LTC benefits.  Should I list 1099-LTC payments total in the "medical reimbursements received" section as well? 

No, don't enter the amount of your 1099-LTC as a Reimbursement in the Medical Expenses section.

In the LTC section, under Miscellaneous Income, enter the amount of your 1099-LTC distribution and the amount that was used for payment of long-term care expenses (Qualified LTC Benefits). 

If expenses are greater than the distribution, enter the excess expenses as Medical Expenses in the Deductions & Credits section. 

You don't need to enter anything about the 1099-LTC (or related expenses) in the Medical Expenses section.

Click this link for more info about LTC-1099 Benefits.

[Edited 03/24/2020 | 12:16 PM]

[Edited 03/24/2020 | 12:16 PM]