Should I deduct 1099-LTC benefit payments as "medical expense reimbursements?"

My mother is chronically ill and in a nursing home.  She receives per diem payments under her Long Term Care policy and I receive a 1099-LTC for these payments.  I entered the total 1099-LTC  amount in the Misc. Income in the designated section.  The nursing home charges are greater than the LTC benefits.  Should I list 1099-LTC payments total in the "medical reimbursements received" section as well? 

Yes, but be sure to also enter the total Medical Expenses there as well, so that your mother can still claim the expenses that exceeded the reimbursement.

To enter the 1099-LTC, type '1099ltc' in the Search window, and 'Jump to 1099-ltc' for the entry area. If expenses entered in Medical Expenses exceed the amount of the 1099-LTC, it is not considered taxable income.

So basically you are entering the 1099-LTC in the Income section, then entering the Expenses/Reimbursement in the Deductions section to complete this reporting.

Here's more info:

Edited 3/24/28 2:38 pm

Here's more info:

Edited 3/24/28 2:38 pm