RonMar0

Why did TT enter a random $ amount for my Donations to Charity? That is, I reported a total of $2500 cash donation to specific charities but TT displays $14,975. Wha?

SteamTrain

hard to know...two things to check

1) Go back to the charity donations section nd make sure every charity donation is correct.  Occasionally, a person puts a comma instead of a decimal for the cents, and that comma results in a large number.

2)  If you made a large donation last year, that exceeded the AGI limit for donations last year, you might have had some $$ carryover to this year's forms.

________________________

Other than that, you'd need to make a printout of your tax return (actually, just a PDF file) from the Print Center, with all forms and worksheets, to find the various charity worksheets that recorded exactly what you entered...but #1 above should show where the problem occurred in most cases.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
rjs

Where exactly does TurboTax "display" $14,975? If it's on a TurboTax screen, what screen? Where is it in TurboTax? What is the exact heading or title on the screen? What is the description of the $14,975 amount on the screen? Can you post a screen shot? If the amount is on a tax form, what form and line number?

Did you use Its Deductible?

Do you have any non-cash donations?