Solved: Why did I not get any additional refund for my donations to Goodwill? I donated on 4 different dates for a total of $1648.

kboyer01

Why did I not get any additional refund for my donations to Goodwill? I donated on 4 different dates for a total of $1648.

A charitable donation almost never changes your tax due or refund all by itself.  First, your donation does not count "dollar for dollar"--it is calculated by a percentage based on your tax bracket.  You need a LOT of other itemized deductions like mortgage interest or property taxes, medical expense, etc. to itemize and exceed your standard deduction.