2celtics

Why cant I take my itemized deductions which is more than my standard deduction?

Im filing Married separate as well.

Texas Roger

You must use the same deduction type as your spouse. If your spouse is using the standard deduction, you must use it also even if the itemized deductions are more. If your spouse uses itemized deductions, then you can also use itemized deductions.

Texas Roger

2celtics

I want to file Married separately and get my itemized deductions instead of standard. My spouse will file seperatly (  as well and select itemize.  Im not seeing where the program is giving me that option.?
Texas Roger

On the screen in Personal Info where you select filing status, there is a screen immediately following where you check the box that one of you is claiming itemized deductions.