Solved: Who is the payer for the 1099-sa form? Myself?

Who is the payer for the 1099-sa form? Myself?

It is not you. Payer is the party paying the benefits (bank, broker, insurance company, etc.)

So TRUSTEE = PAYER?

Ditto?  "at turbo tax, taxes are so easy!  just fill in the simple questions" HaHa  They ask questions which don't match the terms on the forms or are no provided by the forms.  Easy.

The ambiguity here is sickening!  TURBO TAX, FIX THIS PLEASE!  It would be so easy to fix this and make it more clear.  Why haven't you already?

I will be happy to help you with the payer's name on a 1099-SA. A Trustee and Payer is the same. The Bank who holds your account is the payer and the bank's Fed Id should be used.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Who is the recipient then?  Is this where I would put my information?

I am a business and the person/company for whom we are conducting the work is requiring that we provide a 1099.  I would assume that they would be the payer, and we would be the recipient, but I am unsure

That is a different kind of 1099.  You are talking about a 1099Misc.  If they paid you then they give you a 1099Misc.  You do not give them a 1099Misc.  They probably need a W9 from you to get your ssn or EIN to prepare the 1099.  Here is a blank W9   <a href="http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf?portlet=3" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf?portlet=3</a>

Or ask them why they want a 1099Misc from you.  Maybe they don't understand how it works.