Where on Schedule C do I list my business per diem travel expenses for meals and lodging respectively?

Also, if I stay at a friends house one of the per diem travel nights can I still claim the per diem rate for that night?

For lodging, you are only supposed to use actual costs on the Schedule C. (So, the friend's house doesn't work)

You can use the federal per diem rate for meals, but only at 50%. So you would enter the per diem rate in the 50% deductible box. Or, you can use your actual meal expenses for that box.