turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I find the option to take the standard mileage deduction for my multi-member LLC return? I'm just seeing actual expense options.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Where do I find the option to take the standard mileage deduction for my multi-member LLC return? I'm just seeing actual expense options.

It is not an option.

The Standard Mileage Rate is only available to Individuals, not Partnerships or Corporations.

So, if my wife and I kept our mileage records last year to deduct it like a standard mileage deduction, how can we do take that deduction, if we are the owners of an LLC.  We tracked our mileage on our personal cars that we used for business, assuming that we could use the standard mileage deduction.  Apparently, there is no standard mileage deduction option for an LLC.  Is there still any way to deduct that mileage?  It was a legitimate business expense.  Can we just deduct it on our personal return as unreimbursed mileage?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, this is a business expense deducted on your Schedule C.  I assume you are not incorporated and not an S-Corp.  Use the search in the upper right hand corner and search mileage or Schedule C.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@mly2000 wrote:

So, if my wife and I kept our mileage records last year to deduct it like a standard mileage deduction, how can we do take that deduction, if we are the owners of an LLC.  

Is this on a Partnership return (Form 1065)?  

Does the Partnership Agreement state that you must pay for those expenses?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies