Solved: What turbo tax for my wife with home office reporting to her employers office once a month. we own and mortgage home.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What turbo tax for my wife with home office reporting to her employers office once a month. we own and mortgage home.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 3

What turbo tax for my wife with home office reporting to her employers office once a month. we own and mortgage home.

If you have itemized expenses more than $24,000 ( if you are married filing jointly) then you would want to use TurboTax Deluxe.  Itemized Expenses this year include Mortgage interest, Charitable Donations, Medical Expenses in Excess of 7.5% of your AGI and a few other items.  However, home office expenses for employees are no longer deductible, neither are other employee-related expenses nor other itemizable expenses that were subject to the 2% threshold last year.

If your above mentioned Itemizable expenses are less than $24,000, you would not need to enter them and could use the Free Edition, if you only have income reported on W-2's 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 3

If you have itemized expenses more than $24,000 ( if you are married filing jointly) then you would want to use TurboTax Deluxe.  Itemized Expenses this year include Mortgage interest, Charitable Donations, Medical Expenses in Excess of 7.5% of your AGI and a few other items.  However, home office expenses for employees are no longer deductible, neither are other employee-related expenses nor other itemizable expenses that were subject to the 2% threshold last year.

If your above mentioned Itemizable expenses are less than $24,000, you would not need to enter them and could use the Free Edition, if you only have income reported on W-2's 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Level 15

But they may still help on your state return.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings