Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is a State ID number when reporting state taxes withheld from home sale form 593?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

What is a State ID number when reporting state taxes withheld from home sale form 593?

The Form 593 does not have a place for state ID. The program shows the form for you to fill in matching your form. 

Where are you in the program? What are you seeing? Are you getting a review error or a filing error?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your help.. I'm reporting Investment Income in my federal income taxes because I have a form 1099S from a second home sold in California. I live in Texas. After reporting the sale, it asks you for less common items from this sale.  State Tax  withheld(form 593) which I have, state of California but it asks for State ID number. This State ID number refers to the title company or myself? The 593 form only has a FEIN(Federal Employer Indentification Number) Thanks again, any info is appreciated.. 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The state ID number would be referring to the company who withheld the state taxes and submitted them to the state.  

@jathanc1 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies