What form in TurboTax shows how the standard deduc...

donald029

What form in TurboTax shows how the standard deduction is calculated? The standard deduction now showing is twice the $24,800 I expected.

macuser_22

Duplicate post see answer here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/my-standard-deduction-appears-to...

The Standard Deduction is a fixed amount as shown on the Federal Tax Return Form 1040 Line 12.

Standard deductions for 2020

• Single - $12,400 add $1,650 if age 65 or older
  • Married Filing Separately - $12,400 add $1,300 if age 65 or older
  • Married Filing Jointly - $24,800 add $1,300 for each spouse age 65 or older
  • Head of Household - $18,650 add $1,650 if age 65 or older

If your itemized deduction on Schedule A are greater than the standard deduction for your filing status the itemized deductions will be used on Form 1040 Line 12.