Solved: What do I answer for the contribution to a HSA based on the last month-rule? I’ve read the answers here, but I’m still not certain I understand how to answer the ?.

Lilly2

What do I answer for the contribution to a HSA based on the last month-rule? I’ve read the answers here, but I’m still not certain I understand how to answer the ?.

I have had my HSA all of 2016, from January 2016 to December 2016. It was my first year with HSA. I plan on having HSA for 2017 and beyond. How would I answer this question? The answers on Turbo Tax are still leaving me confused and I want to answer it correctly.

Since you are not using the last month rule, answer No.