Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Premier (mac) unable to import Its Deductible. Immediately fails with "There was a connection problem".

This worked for me. Thank you so much!!
c_light1999
Returning Member

TurboTax Premier (mac) unable to import Its Deductible. Immediately fails with "There was a connection problem".

I did steps 1,3 and 4 and this worked for me - Thanks for the help!!!!!!!
bhammon2

1. Quit Turbotax
  2. Search keychain for "intuit"
  3. Delete all files related to intuit from keychain - make sure you know the password for your intuit/itsdeductible account
  4. Restart Mac
  5. Restart Turbotax - Go to screen that asks if you have import from itsdeductable - Now when you select yes, it will take you to an its deductible login screen

cjpotter

First try the suggestions in this thread: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4150878    

Essentially deleting the Keychain passwords and deleting preferences.  This might fix the problem if its due to your Mac trying to enter the wrong username/passwords.  

This didnt work for me though.  I was also getting the "Connection Problem" window each time trying to import from Its Deductible. I was running TurboTax on OSX 10.11.1.  (Apple in top left corner>About this mac).  I then ran the Mac Operating System update to OS 10.11.6, and that fixed the problem.  See my thread here:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4246662-turbotax-gives-an-error-message-of-a-connection-problem-wh...

This also happens on Deluxe (mac).  It asked me for my turbo tax keychain instead of safari. But everything else was the same.

I can log into itsdeductible and have an internet connection that works just fine.
No antivirus or firewall issues here.
intoxyk8
Returning Member

Thank you!  I remember having to do that in a previous year but couldn't remember the steps.  In my case, the initial cause was that itsdeductible allows all special char in pw, but turbo tax doesn't, so when it tried to connect the first time and I entered the correct pw, it failed.  After that it kept saying I was offline (I wasn't) .  I changed my itsdeductible pw to use the allowed chars only, reset as you said above, and it worked just fine.  I appreciate the post very much.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies