turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If my state taxes withheld are not appearing on my itemized deductions (Schedule A) how can I fix my itemized deductions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

If my state taxes withheld are not appearing on my itemized deductions (Schedule A) how can I fix my itemized deductions?

Are sales tax appearing instead?

or are your Property taxes more than $10,000?

no.  That is not the issue,  I am not getting my state taxes paid as an itemized deduction on my federal return (Schedule A).  Can not find a way to manually enter or even to "game" the software to get it added.  Any thoughts?
BurakG
Employee Tax Expert

Turbotax compares standard and itemized deduction and gives you the higher of the two. 

You can check your itemized deductions information using these steps 

To get to schedule A:

• Click on Search at the top of your screen
  • Enter "Itemized deductions" in the search box 
  • The first link that comes up should by Jump to itemized deductions - click on this link

You can also force turbotax to choose itemized deduction over standard deduction (vice versa) using the following steps:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300919 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies