garciabl

Turbo Tax asked about HDHP coverage for my spouse. I have a family plan that she is covered under. Why is it saying that she isn't covered by a HDHP?

AnthonyC

If your spouse was covered under your family HSA plan, see the following:

When going through the questions, you will get to a screen entitled "What type of High Deductible Health Plan did [spouse] have on December 1st 2016?" (see screenshot below).  

If your spouse was covered under your health insurance plan, then you should select "none" not "family or self-only." You are selecting none because your spouse does not have their own coverage, they are covered under your plan.  If you select one of the other options, then you will get the notification about a coverage lapse. 

AnthonyC