turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lmccann

Form 2555S. I am citizen living and filing from foreign country. Traveled overseas during year but never into US. This form making me put at least 1 travel day into US?

Is it just turbo tax making me put in at least 1 day in the US or is there a requirement? Makes no sense as never went near the US?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Form 2555S. I am citizen living and filing from foreign country. Traveled overseas during year but never into US. This form making me put at least 1 travel day into US?

If you are referring to the question "No. of Days in U.S. on Business" on the "Trip Information" page then please leave that field blank if you haven't been in the US on business during the trip. Do not enter 0 since this will create the message "minimum value is 1" (see picture below).

If you referring to another page please let me know in the comments.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanaB
Expert Alumni

If you are referring to the question "No. of Days in U.S. on Business" on the "Trip Information" page then please leave that field blank if you haven't been in the US on business during the trip. Do not enter 0 since this will create the message "minimum value is 1" (see picture below).

If you referring to another page please let me know in the comments.

lmccann

Fantastic - worked thank you. (Subtle but obviously important difference between putting in a "blank" and "0"!!)

This does not work.  When I try to e-file it says "We Need to Make One More Check" and it will NOT let me submit my return unless I enter a number above 0 and I would rather not.

Actually I got it, I had to double click the field which opened the form and type in 0 manually on both fields in the form and it finally accepted it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies