Removing the dependent care credit is a two-step process. You need to also delete the form 2441. Follow these instructions to remove form 2441 and all associated information in TurboTax Online:
- Go back to the child care credit section. (type 'child care credit' into the search box)
- At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2016? screen, answer Yes. (Even though it doesn't make sense.)
- Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes. Click Continue.
- In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools and then select Delete a Form from the options listed.
- Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
- Click Delete Form to confirm. You should see the message Form Successfully Deleted. Click Continue.
- Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure 2441 no longer appears on the list.
This will remove the error and allow you to file.