turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I held an event thru my LLC that was a charity event. We collected ticket sales, had expenses and donated the remainder to the non profit. How do I track?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I held an event thru my LLC that was a charity event. We collected ticket sales, had expenses and donated the remainder to the non profit. How do I track?

The donations through your LLC would be handled at the individual level.  If you are a single member LLC this means you would need to report them by itemizing your return instead of taking the standard deduction.  

If you have a multi-member LLC and are filing a 1065, then you would enter the donation and associated expenses by entering them in the business expense section.  They will be reported on your K-1 and then will still need to be deducted on your Schedule A.  

A donation made by the LLC is deductible at the owners individual level, not as an expense for the business. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The donations through your LLC would be handled at the individual level.  If you are a single member LLC this means you would need to report them by itemizing your return instead of taking the standard deduction.  

If you have a multi-member LLC and are filing a 1065, then you would enter the donation and associated expenses by entering them in the business expense section.  They will be reported on your K-1 and then will still need to be deducted on your Schedule A.  

A donation made by the LLC is deductible at the owners individual level, not as an expense for the business. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I collected ticket sale and raffle ticket sales which the profit was donated after covering expenses.  Do these sales need to be included as income?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies