turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Could I be getting code 570 on my transcripts because of EIC or do I need to something to resolve it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

46 Replies

Could I be getting code 570 on my transcripts because of EIC or do I need to something to resolve it

No, you don't have to do anything.

Code 570 just means that your return is being held for processing.  It could be that you filed at a busy time.  Having that code doesn't mean anything negative, it means that you may have to wait for your return to be processed.

Cricotta

That’s not true some people have to verify identification or wages

Yea if there’s a notice but if u only have 570 without a notice being sent than you’re good

Rah2

How would you know if there was a notice sent !

RobertG
Expert Alumni

You will know there was a notice sent, because it will be sent to you.

IRS Code 570 Additional Liability Pending or Credit Hold, has a wide variety of meanings, but it does freeze your refund until it is reversed.

See the IRS website: Part 21. Customer Account Services Which is the Internal Revenue Manual Part 21.

@Rah2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just checked my transcripts and I have a 570 code but nothing after that. Do I need to worry or is this only bc I am getting the EIC credit? There is no code saying a letter was sent and I filed my taxes on 2/01/20. 

Stop telling people that a 570 code is no big deal. That is false information

Thank you 570 is bad I got it

Veronicahx3
Returning Member

What does it mean though ?

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Code 570 just means that your return is being held for processing.  

@Veronicahx3

ellatorrence
Returning Member

I’m in the same boat as u ... I filed 2/1/2020 and accepted the same day ...also got code 570 and have the Eic ...this is crazy I need my money and I feel when they see we filed an accurate return they should owe us money!!!

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Tax refunds that include the refundable credits of Earned Income Credit and Additional Tax Credit are subject to the PATH Act and may result in delayed processing from the IRS. Per the PATH Act, the IRS is required to complete extra due diligence on returns claiming these credits. Use the IRS refund tracker tool to monitor your refund status.

PATH Act

Where's My Refund

Dolson765

Code 570 is a blanket code. It could be bad and it could be good. There is not a “one size fits all” answer with this code. I spoke with the IRS this morning and was told my PATH hold was still on the account, but I also ended up having to verify wages and stuff from my tax return for some reason when I talked to him. So unfortunately there isn’t a way to give anyone a direct answer. He told me when the next batch updates, the hold could be lifted and I’ll be fine or I could end up getting the 60 day random review. Put your mind at ease or get ahead of their letters and call. (Google how to get a live agent). You might spend some lengthy time on hold, but it’s the only way to get the answer you’re seeking. 

I checked mine today and I have 570 as well. Also as of 02/24 I have a 971 notice issued.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies